Shuttering size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've finished digging my footings for my extension and now need to make some shuttering to go around my clay sewer pipe. How much gap around the pipe do I need to leave, or how wide and deep do I need the shuttering?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Full width of trench.
75mm clearance all round pipe
Make up bottom and sides.
Wedge in place, fix top of box.
Throw couple lengths of 12 or 16 rebar in concret 100mm above shutter.
oldun

Thanks Oldun

is the rebar needed if I'm going to use concrete lintels above?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Oldun

In your first post you said that your drainage pipe was going through your concrete foundations.
How to do that is the way we have explained.
In your last post you have mentioned concrete lintels
You only use concrete lintels for bridging over a pipe that is in your masonry footings. Two different animals Two different solutions.
oldun:cool:

Thanks Oldun

In your first post you said that your drainage pipe was going through your concrete foundations.
How to do that is the way we have explained.
In your last post you have mentioned concrete lintels
You only use concrete lintels for bridging over a pipe that is in your masonry footings. Two different animals Two different solutions.
Precisely Old Bodger. I think i said something similar a while ago....here.

Oldun

The pipes will end up being only about 100mm from the top of the pipe to the top of the concrete foundation. I was thinking of making wood shuttering to go up all the way and then bridge over the top with a reinforced lintel in the first course of bricks and blocks. If I try and concrete over the top of the pipes and add rebar (it's going to end up being a inch or two thick) will this be too shallow?

Thanks
ben

Either way100mm conc with 2 ReBs over or 2no 750x100x65 prestressed CL in first course of footings.
Either way. If width of shutter box is 250mm brickwork to footings will be arched over and be self supporting in 4 courses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back