shutting off water - combi boiler heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to repair a downstairs toilet. This does not have an isolation valve so I need to shut off the water at the stopcock.

Am I ok to do this with my combi boiler? Or will it mess with the system? As i'm not sure if these are pressurised/sealed. Its a Worcester-Bosh 28i.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your boiler shouldn't fire unless it has a flow through it, but turning it off is the safest. When you have finished your job, turn on the water and run your hot tap to release the air in the water pipework before turning your boiler back on.

And while you repairing toilet, it is a good idea to fit a isolation valve for future work.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
And while you repairing toilet, it is a good idea to fit a isolation valve for future work.

Daniel.

I've already bought the isolation valve.

I have enough knowledge to fix the toilet but did not want to mess about with the heating system.

Thank you both for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back