Siamp cistern not stopping filling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im a homeowner, not a plummer and I have a Siamp Compact 99B cistern which won't stop filling up.

I have replaced a worn out inlet diaphragm but it hasn't helped.

What I'm confused about with this system is HOW the water is meant to stop.

This is the system....

After a flush water comes out of this hole as shown

but when it reaches the limit this lever arm is meant to cover the hole to stop the flow

What I don't understand is how this lever arm stops the flow if it also has a hole in it. Is there a piece missing? I've looked at the installation guide & tech help on the Siamp website and there is no mention of it.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Yes there is a piece missing. The arm should have a little piece of rubber in it, this blocks the hole on the main valve.

All I can suggest, unless you can find the rubber, is to change the valve for a new one.

hi, i have the same system.i flushed the loo the other day and it didnt fill up so i changed the diaphram and still cistern does fill up.please help

Sponsored Links
Jumping from thread to thread with the same problem - not a good idea, especially as you are already getting information on your own thread.

The word 'hijacking' springs to mind.

If you don't fit the new membrain in the correct position then you will have all of these problems.
Looking at the back of the membrain washer there is a locating slot at the back that has to line up with a peg on the main body of the float valve, get it wrong & you will have all of these problems.

Yes there is a piece missing. The arm should have a little piece of rubber in it, this blocks the hole on the main valve.

All I can suggest, unless you can find the rubber, is to change the valve for a new one.

Not on the Siamp's.

Not on the Siamp's.

I could have sworn the one I had did. Maybe my memory is failing me :confused:

Well folks it would be an amazing valve which could affect the diaphragm and close the valve with 2 holes remaining open.
I agree with mogget, there should be a clear silicone pad in the arm which blocks the small hole as the float rises.
I will take a snap before replacing the split diaphragm which brought me here and post later if there are still unbelievers :)

Has it really been that long? Feels like just a few weeks. Mind, a lot has happened in the last year.

Not sure if we are misunderstanding each other but I was thinking specifically of my partner's long battle with and eventual death from leukaemia, and how that has affected everyone I know personally.

I am aware that you are not well either, no offence was meant, and I do not want to be on bad terms. I apologise if I have offended you.

Not sure if we are misunderstanding each other but I was thinking specifically of my partner's long battle with and eventual death from leukaemia, and how that has affected everyone I know personally.

Jesus Mogget, :cry: So sorry for your loss, I know I`m normaly an as*shole but I mean it sincerely,God Bless hun xxxxx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back