Siamp fill valve ... yeah, again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
G'day all. New to this site (not a plumber) but with a familiar problem, albeit with a twist. Wickes toilet in a box with Siamp internals fitted 5 years ago and has been fine until the last week ... slow to fill, so replaced split diaphragm (well documented on this site), which cured spraying from around connection but now water spurts out of top of fill valve through central circular hole in cap! The washer beneath the cap looks OK but has nothing in its own central hole. Found a plastic plug in bottom of tank but when fitted in hole (and I don't know if it should go there) it just gets blown out by water pressure. Float works fine and shuts water off correctly. Have put old washer back in for the time being as that scenario (slow fill) was preferable to water dripping from lid! I cannot work out how this contraption functions and just wondered if there are any ideas out there before I resort to replacing the whole valve assembly.

Sponsored Links
Bit difficult to follow your explanation. A photo would help.

You can probably slow the water down by adjustment of the ISO valve.

The cap you found was probably from the siphon and adjusts the flush volume.

Tony

Thanks for prompt reply .... difficult to explain without photos, as you suggest, and a bit of a long shot really; just wondered if it would ring any bells with anyone. No time at the mo to investigate knack of getting photos on - may get chance over the weekend.

Sponsored Links
G'day all. New to this site (not a plumber) but with a familiar problem, albeit with a twist. Wickes toilet in a box with Siamp internals fitted 5 years ago and has been fine until the last week ... slow to fill, so replaced split diaphragm (well documented on this site), which cured spraying from around connection but now water spurts out of top of fill valve through central circular hole in cap! The washer beneath the cap looks OK but has nothing in its own central hole. Found a plastic plug in bottom of tank but when fitted in hole (and I don't know if it should go there) it just gets blown out by water pressure. Float works fine and shuts water off correctly. Have put old washer back in for the time being as that scenario (slow fill) was preferable to water dripping from lid! I cannot work out how this contraption functions and just wondered if there are any ideas out there before I resort to replacing the whole valve assembly.

Most of these fill valves are equilibrium type valves. These shut off by equal pressure on both sides of the main washer stopping the water flow.

Many DaftyDIYers & Plumbers will just replace them, but most are very easy to re-washer. Just have the correct washers & it's a far easier job to repair the valve
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back