Side panels on wall kitchen units?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a kitchen from Howdens, the units are white and the doors are cashmere. For the base units there are some End panels, but for the wall units there is nothing which goes on the sides.

Should there be any side panels for the wall units, or do they just stay white on the sides?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
however, you may be able to get side panels elsewhere. I believe the units sold by Howdens are also sold under other names, possibly Wickes.

I've sometimes got them on ebay at about £30
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?item=322842265249&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=cashmere+panel

Side panels are often sold slightly bigger than the cabinets so they can be trimmed to fit.

You might also find a spare door of the right size, which might look even better.

Your units are probably factory-assembled, and the panel would screw on the side. Some home-assembly units can use colour-matched side panels that form the side of the unit. Matching panels are at extortionate prices if you buy them as part of your kitchen order. They are particularly worthwhile on the wall cupboards adjoining the cooker space, where they are very prominent.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
When I've fitted Howdens kitchens commercially they've always supplied end décor panels at full width (620mm?) for base cabinets and upper cabinets alike and we've just cut them down. Or maybe that's just a glitch in the system somewhere

Sponsored Links
I haven't bought end panels from Howdens for ages, but knowing how they handle things, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you have to cut down a base panel. Best to call them in the morning, and ask them if there's a specific side panel you can order.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back