Siemens dishwasher SN65M030GB/16 upper spray bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cream coloured bit of plastic was found in the bottom of the dishwasher this morning, and comes from the rear of the top spray arm.

I can put it back in as shown with the red arrows, and slide the bit of plastic up in the side slots, but it doesn't lock/stay put, and I can't actually see what has happened to it. Anyone come across this problem? It can be maneuvered into position to shove the top basket in, but left to its own devices, tends to drop and fall out again when the basket is pulled out.

Parts diag (also below) suggests there is no separate part I can buy either + I notice the top two of the five round mouldings appear to have some sort of seals which are both dropping off, and the bottom three are already gone.

So I'm thinking I'll need to buy the whole top spray arm but just wanted to check. Thanks.

Basket2.jpg

Basket3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I had another good look at it today and as well as the seals that seem to be in the process of dropping off on the front, there is a ring seal on the back that seems to be disintegrating too - so on balance, I've gone for a new spray arm, as it wasn't as expensive as expected - £24 inc postage.

Sponsored Links
Just a follow up to this now I have the new one, in case anyone else has the same issue.

The cream coloured plastic item is intended to move (I assume this might be to do with the fact the top basket has two height positions, or just to give it some wriggle room when it is slammed back into the dishwasher and needs to engage with the fixed water outlets), but the new one in the top photo seems to have a revised design with two bits of plastic circled in green, that stop it dropping out. So a couple of screws into the grey plastic in the same position would have worked. When I look at the old one (bottom two pics) it appears that was held by a worn/flattened bit of plastic further up, and the top lip of the cream plastic thingy which has disintegrated on mine now I look closely, and explains why it dropped out.

In any case, the new one has seals around all five of the round plastic mouldings - and these were missing and/or falling apart on the old one as already stated, so I'm comfortable having replaced it.

New.jpg
Old1.jpg
Old2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back