Siemens HiPath 540

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've recently bought a Siemens hipath 540 pbx with 4 optipoint 500 handsets, and was just wondering if anyone has had experience wiring and setting one up, as no installation guide was with it and I cant seem to find any online.

Thanks for all your help in advance

J

Sponsored Links
J

I know more about the larger hipath switch but it may be similar to the 540

The default password is 31994 and user name is same. It will need changing on first log on. The system will be in German by default and need chaging to english first as this also ensure correct tones etc are used. Also Make sure and cards are fitted prior to swtich on.

It can be programmed from the first port usually extension 100 or 200. But the menu isnt straighforward and uses lots of jargon in the menu.

There is manage e softaware too for the pc over null modem lead. which usually comes on CD in the box

Im assuming there are an ammoint of analog trunk and digital extensions on the main card. they are connected in pairs to pins 2 and 5 on the sockets, you can use masters or slaves it makes no odds.

If you have any questions once you get installed I may have some info, but i dont have a manual for that model.

hope that helps

Rob

Hi Rob,

when wiring it in I need to do it to an RJ45 faceplate for the Optipoint 500's to plug in to, which have 4 wires, now im presuming these go on the digital circuit, not the analogue? and I'm presuming I wire connections 2,3,4 and 5 to the PBX?

Optipoint plug

View media item 74415
on the PBX im also presuming the top terminal block is the digital connection and the lower is the analogue

View media item 74414 View media item 74413
Thanks for your help,

J

Hi Rob,

So I finally got the system setup and kind of working internally, I can call all internal phones and have setup some features via the *91 setting, but I'm having trouble working out how to setup the central phone book, how to setup auto attendant, and how to connect to the Manager software, I've only been able to find the Manager C software, is the e version better or have more functionality?

Thanks

J

Sponsored Links
Hi Josh

I 'd like to know the analog and digital ports of that PBX. Did you find that info?

I have a dead analog port (suddenly today it stopped working) and like to trace it from the port in.

Ioannis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back