Siemens Mid-position valve help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with a bit of advice on the following, done plenty of searching and have an idea but a bit extra clarification would be great.

Situation:

I have a Siemens MA-V322C mid-position valve. I replaced the synchron motor a while ago but now it is not working. I believe the reason is the teeth on the cog which connects to the motor are worn. The motor is jumping as far as I can tell (clicking noise).

Ideally I would like to just replace the arm/cog but that does not seem to be a part I would be able to get hold of. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Failing that I could replace the head, I have found one being sold but it's not clear whether the head is removable (not just the plastic cover and motor). I know the 'C' in the model may be important here but I'm not sure if that just means the motor and cover can be replaced. The other problem is that the "actuator" which I have found is more expensive than a new valve which seems like a false economy.

Last option is to replace the valve, I have read up on the method (isolate, bung etc) and am happy to do this. There is a Siemens CMV322 which is a direct swap so that sounds good. Is this a good valve? Honeywell seem to be recommended but the straight swap sounds good and the Siemens is a fair bit cheaper at around £40. If I decided to go for the Honeywell, how hard would it be to swap? Is there any reason why I should not go for the Siemens?

Hope this is not too long-winded and that someone can provide me with a little assistance.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Neil

Sponsored Links
Is the arm bent. :rolleyes:

Don't matter whether you change the whole valve or just the head, if the body is good.

I would say drain down and change the lot, that way you know it's good for a couple of years.

Thanks,

I think I will go for a replacement Siemens one, as you say I will then know it's all good and the swap should be straightforward with it being a direct replacement.

Neil

I would choose to fit Honeywell 4073a. Wire colours are same on almost all 3 port valves and H/well will outlast Siemens.

Sponsored Links
I would choose to fit Honeywell 4073a. Wire colours are same on almost all 3 port valves and H/well will outlast Siemens.

Thanks,

That's the impression I got but how easy will it to swap as far as the plumbing is concerned? Dimensions etc?

Bumping, any help much appreciated on how difficult it would be to swap a Siemens valve for a Honeywell.

Thanks

Bumping, any help much appreciated on how difficult it would be to swap a Siemens valve for a Honeywell.
They are a direct swap. Wiring the same and pipe connector distances the same. Make sure that the B port is connected to the HW cylinder.

Thanks everyone for the help, I have purchased a Honeywell, fingers crossed the swap goes smoothly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back