Siemens RDE100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought a new-build bungalow with gas UFH. I'm delighted with the house but the installed programmable room controllers (7) are causing me great grief. I've had the plumber back several times to show me how to reprogram them to my liking, I've even read the instructions and thought I understood how to work these overly-complicated, unintuitive pieces of junk!
Plumber has been very patient with me, I'm an old man. I watched him reset the time on/off stuff and he did things not in the manual. I thought I followed but when I came to adjust the on/off times later, the RDE100 resets it's self back to factory settings. It comes on in the middle of the night (6 a.m.) I cannot get it to stay at the time on/off settings I want.
Plumber is coming again on Monday, I think I'm going to say to him: Sale of Goods Act 1975 ect. If he cannot get the RDE100s to behave, to fit different controllers. I already mentioned this, he claimed there aren't any other programmable room controllers. I find that difficult to believe.
Please could any knowledgeable heating engineer suggest a good, simple to use controller/thermostat that would do the job. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back