Time Settings for Eco tec Plus 837

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello fellow forum goers,

I'm in a bit of a pickle here, I have a Vaillant Eco tec Plus 837 boiler in the house, installed some time ago along with a Siemens RDJ10 RF thermostat and RCR10/433 reciever to the boiler.

For the boiler I have both the service manual and owners manual, but cannot find how to set the heating times on the boiler itself, as it has days listed for the boiler to turn on the heating and when to go off.....

for example today it is setup to come on from the time 07:00 to 22:00hrs,

but I would like to setup the time for a longer period due to the temperature and the risk of the piping freezing. I cannot find this in any manual to help change the time settings on the boiler.....

I find the siemens thermostat and receiver beyond 22:00hrs for example cannot power it back up I think because of the set time off 22:00hrs set time on the boiler....

and the boiler has the below code when time the time has gone past 22:00hrs for example .....

****S.31 Central heating thermostat knob turned off or no heat
demand by the eBUS control unit*****

PS[I've read the siemens reciever kit is a useless piece of junk : I'm finding that too - maybe an original Vaillant controller unit will be ordered in replaced very soon]

Your guidance will be much appreciated on setting the times on the boiler for the radiators!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back