Can Hive (or Nest etc) work with Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 28 combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Father in Law recently bought house with a Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 28 combi boiler. It has a basic 24hr time clock on the front with time segments to set the on/off periods, and a simple on/off/timed control. He'd like something more advanced, ideally with a wireless thermostat somewhere. I told him about our Hive control, but I'm not sure if his system would be compatible. Any pointers? Pic of boiler front attached.
TIA
edit...to add that there's no other controls or room thermostats etc in the house.

View media item 98796

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
yes totally compatible with any of your choice hive nest etc there are lots on the market these days

Thanks Ian. How would it be wired/installed? On ours (a gravity fed system with DHW cylinder) there's:

A hub which plugs into my router (simple enough).
A thermostat/control panel on the wall in the hall (simple enough).
The phone app to download (simple enough).
A "receiver" which is fitted in place of the original control panel in the kitchen. As FiL doesn't have an original control panel I assume the front panel of the boiler would need modified/adapted such that it was permanently 'switched on' under control of the thermostat/control panel in the hall?

Any further help appreciated :)

just wire whichever stat that you choose as a thermostat and leave the mechanical clock on the boiler set to constant and your new learning thermostat will over ride it

Sponsored Links
Be aware that use of those controls and that boiler is only with a simplistic on/off control.

With many modern boilers, Biasi, Intergas etc. they can be directly interfaced using the Openthern protocol to provide weather compensation. That is modulating the CH flow temperature according to the temperature outside.

But sadly not with the current Vaillant boilers, at least not without a special Vaillant interface which is not marketed in the UK at the moment.

Such is the market place.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back