Hive install Vaillant eco pro 28 (R2)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had EPH controls on the boiler and we want to install hive, all the install instructions are saying to install wire 1 & 3 from the Hive receiver to the RT block on the boiler but on this version on the eco pro 28 there is no RT. There was a link between 3 & 4 on the boiler. Anyone fitted a hive to this version of the eco tec pro 28?

Sponsored Links
If it's like the drawing below:

aaa.png

Then for a Hive Single Channel Receiver: Wires from Hive terminal 1 and Hive terminal 3 (Common and Heating On) replace the link and go to boiler terminals 3 & 4. It doesn't matter which way around. Hive is just an on/off switch for the heating.

Then the Hive receiver needs a L and N connecting to it provide it with operating power. This should come via the same 3A supply as the boiler.

No connection between Hive L and 1 is required in this instance.

Some models of boiler require the sealed combustion chamber to be opened to access their wiring terminals, I don't know if yours is like this or not. However, if it is, the work shouldn't be done DIY. A Gas Safe engineer should do it so that the necessary safety checks can be done afterwards.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out, very much appreciated! The hive is now installed and working, what a fantastic forum and I hope I can return the favour in the future. Thanks guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back