Vaillant EcoTech Pro 28 - Hive Install

@gozain I see that you are new to the forum, so I hope you don't mind if I point out for future reference, that you have two duplicate threads going on the same subject. This wastes the time of those who reply to the second thread if you have already had an answer to the first, plus with this one you have also hijacked someone else's thread. Both of which are against the forum rules.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked to make sure that you have the correct 'single channel version' of the Hive?

Resurrecting the thread again, sorry :rolleyes:

I've got the fancy Hive which I think is not the single channel version, do you think this will work with this boiler?

Thanks

Hi All,

First post here, and one of many switching to wireless technology.
EcoTec pro 28, slightly older model (still mounts a - slow - analogic timeswitch 150) I intend to install Hive wireless.
See pictures below of receiver wiring as well current circuit board.

If I understand correctly, I can leave the receiver wired as it is, and on the boiler itself:
- remove ebus black and yellow wires (current wall thermostat VRT50)
- remove bridge on 3&4
- connect L, N, Earth as usual
- Connect grey cable in 3 (receiver) to 3 in circuit board

Is that correct?
Is the bridge on the receiver ok between L and 1 or shall I mirror the original diagram in this thread (from CNSam) and use five cables, have 1 (receiver) connected to 4 (PCB)?

Laslty, shall the heating dial be 'on' or on timed, when I switch the boiler back on?

Thank you so, so very much.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 22.50.05.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 22.50.05.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 22.50.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 22.50.31.png
    3 MB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 22.50.48.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 22.50.48.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
I believe swapping to Hive may cost more, as the Vaillant control will work better for that boiler. What you are proposing is fine, apart from 3 is live out on that boiler, so your heating on (grey) would go to terminal 4. If you plan to use the Hive’s timed programmes, then select time switch 130 (150 is the newer model) to permanently on. Also that boiler cover forms part of the combustion circuit and should be tested afterwards by a competent person.

Sponsored Links
Many thansk Chris, much appreciated.
When you say 'apart from 3 is live out on that boiler, so your heating on (grey) would go to terminal 4' you are suggesting to leave the connections on the receiver as they are except the grey cable, to be moved from 3 to 4. Correct?
Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back