Siemens RWB9 controller intermittent with CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is operated by a Siemens RWB9 programmer. I have it configured to heat the water for an hour in the early hours of the morning, and the CH the rest of the day until late at night. It's worked perfectly for a number of years but has recently developed a fault. This is the symptom:

During the CH cycle, despite the room thermostat calling for the boiler to fire, and the central heating system on the programmer set to on, the boiler will turn off.

It has happened four times to date, and each time I have managed to 'fix' it by using the reset button on the programmer. After a reset, and a swift setting of the time and turning on the CH, the boiler fires within seconds.

It appears that the fault must lie within the programmer, so I'm tempted to replace the unit; but I thought I'd search/post on here in case anyone has experience of such a problem, and it might be caused by something deeper...

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I know that this post is really old but have you figured out the issue? Have you managed to fix it? if yes, how?
I'm having the same problems with my 12 years old RWB9 programmer.

Hi Rob,

You should be starting your own thread really, are your symptoms exactly the same?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back