Siemens RDJ/10RF programmable thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just bought the Siemens RDJ/10RF programmable room thermostat for my central heating. What a waste of money and time, the timer doesn't work, and most of the time the central heater switch wont even turn my boiler on. I have tried setting and re setting the unit many times, but it seems too have a will of it's own, the electrician who fitted it has been back 3 times with replacement units but they are the same. Anyone got any ideas what I can do? any feed back would be much appreciated :evil:
regards Terry

Sponsored Links
have you tried relocating the transmitter, it may be getting some interference from some other rf source.

Hi Mick,

yeah I have tried locating it just about everywhere

i've fitted loads and yet to have a problem. there must be an installation issue. possibly interferrence. or if your really unlucky your supplier has a faulty batch. are you checking to see if the light goes on/off when you turn it up/down?

Sponsored Links
you mean the green light on the receiver?....yeah when that's on there is no probs, but if I leave the heating off for a couple of hours, or put the thermostat timer on, I notice the boiler hasn't fired up, when I look to see if the lights green on the receiver its red which means it isn't reading the thermostat transmitter, that's where I'm having the problem.

regards Terry

when I look to see if the light's green on the receiver, it's red
How far it the receiver from:

(a) The boiler?
(b) The transmitter?

How many walls/floors between receiver and transmitter?

Is the receiver connected to a permanent power source?

I had this before in some flats in Brighton, it was due to the metalwork in the building structure and it stopped the stat working over about 15metres.

the receiver is about 10ft away from the transmitter, there are no walls in between and they are on the same floor, the receiver is wired the transmitter is wireless and uses a battery

the receiver is wired the transmitter is wireless and uses a battery
I know that. In any case it wasn't what I asked.

Where, exactly, does the receiver get its supply, to the L and N terminals, from?

I have fitted loads, non have been a problem, I am thinking it's more likely an installation issue.

Bit late to reply, but in case it helps anyone else searching. Often the reciever is too close to the electronics of the boiler and this is where the interference comes from.

Hi sorry for butting in
I have a similar problem I have a boss therm bps242rf the CH comes on and off all ok, but when I set the timer it will not fire up, I have wired the receiver L1 to CI and LX to CL i have left the link, is this wired correctly for the timer to work
Sorry I forgot to say what the boiler I had its Worcester 24i rsf

Thank you in Advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back