Siemens RWB9 vs Dog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Helpful People!

The dog removed a cable from the above programmer and I'd like to replace it but can't figure out which wire goes where.

The flex from the boiler is normal 3 core flex (earth, neutral and live in green and yellow, blue and brown respectively).

The only one of the wires that wasn't totally removed was the earth. I've put that back into the earth terminal but I was unsure what to do with the other two.

I'm hopefully going to attach a pic to make it easier to understand what I'm going on about. View media item 27197
Thank you very much in anticipation! :D

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry i'm not 100% sure on this so wont answer!
but you have to post a pic of the dog with programmer in mouth lol :LOL:

I woul suspect one should go to term 3 in the programmer, but it all depends what is connected to the other end of the cable that has been pulled.

Thanks for trying. I'm not even sure what the flex does for the boiler... Is it purely power or two switches? If this was the case shouldn't the N have been tagged with brown to indicate this?

There are two other cables going into the programmer, I'm presuming one is mains power in but what is the other one?

I'll try and get in touch with a sparky mate of mine and see if he can shed any light on the matter...

Cheers! :)

Sponsored Links
I'm not even sure what the flex does for the boiler... Is it purely power or two switches? If this was the case shouldn't the N have been tagged with brown to indicate this??
If the blue is used as a switch wire, yes it should be tagged, red or brown, depending on age. They often are NOT, so don't go presuming.

There are two other cables going into the programmer, I'm presuming one is mains power in but what is the other one?
Can't answer that without more info.

I'll try and get in touch with a sparky mate of mine and see if he can shed any light on the matter...

Cheers! :)

but you have to post a pic of the dog with programmer in mouth lol :LOL:

I'd keep an eye on him, it looks like he is about to take your engine out next!

:mrgreen:

408097050_x638k-M.jpg

Yes that is a very cute dog, although he does have a shifty look about him.

I'm doing more investigation as to the boiler... Hoping if I get more info on what the flex does when it gets there it will tell me where it should be wired into the programmer.

I'm not going to power up until I'm sure what I've done is ok! Don't panic!

What other info would you like to make answering my question easier?

thank you very much so far.

M :)

Does your dog hold the relevant Part P qualification required to make alterations to the wiring as detailed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back