Siemens SN66T052GB Dishwasher Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the usual E15 leak code show and after investigating by looking at bottom of washer after removing lower front panel I can see water dripping from the seal between the steel and plastic filter and pump housing.

Can I buy a replacement seal and is it easy to replace?

The machine is about 10 years old but has been working well and is quite clean, tempted to replace it but noticed that Siemens and Bosch dishwashers are not being manufactured fast enough and in short supply right now.

Sponsored Links
I had problems with my Siemens dishwasher too (SN65M030GB) and it is a very common failing and occurs on Bosch machines with the same internals too.

You'd need to check if this applies to your machine too, but for mine, it is possible to get an additional silicone ring kit for the sump, part number 12005744. If you look at this video (German with subtitles) you can see how the kit can be installed without taking the machine to bits.

I have this additional silicone seal on mine and I can confirm it's been fine since I fitted it.

When mine first started leaking in mid 2015, I made the decision to strip the machine down and re-seal the plastic sump to the steel using Fernox LSX and you can read how it was done here, and I documented and photographed the strip down too. You can also see why the leak occurs - which is a very poor bit of design, and I dare say explains why this extra seal kit exists.

I won't say this decision was a mistake as it lasted a good four years, but it then started leaking slightly - and it was at that point that I stumbled across the video and the seal kit :( Because I'd used LSX, I couldn't be certain the new seal would do its job correctly so to play it safe, I stripped the machine down again, cleaned all the old LSX off, and fitted the seal that way.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I actually found the screws holding the sump had come loose and when tightened from inside the dishwasher the leak stopped, fingers crossed it will be okay for a while.
I will keep your post in mind in case I have further problems, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back