Siemens Tumble Dryer - Clothes still damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Two weeks ago I bought a very expensive Siemens condenser tumble dryer (iQ500). I now realized I got ripped off.

The problem: on the highest setting I attempted to dry 5 shirts and some socks. After 4+ hours the clothes were still very damp. I had the Siemens/Bosch technician test it and he says there is no problem.

I would like to know if there is a way that I can override the heat program setting? The technician said that the max temp is 40c vs. a normal dryer at 60C.
I would like to reprogram it to 55C.

Please help. Thanks! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Had you hand washed the items & did you spin them dry or put them straight in the dryer?

Sponsored Links
http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/our-products/laundry/tumble-dryers/WT48Y700GB.html use this link & click on more product information. The times they give are no where near 4+ hours. Clearly yours is not working as it should & in the UK your consumer rights would entitle you to repair, replacement or a refund if the appliance does not do what the manufacturers say it will do. In the UK you would go back to the supplier ie where you bought it. I would have thought it was the same in Belgium, being part of the EU, but I am not certain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back