Siemens washer dryer- not heating up when drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help with my washer dryer?

I have an integrated Siemens washer dryer (IQ300, E- nr wk14d320gb/01) and I'm having problems with the dryer. I put a load of towels on and since then, the dryer has stopped working. The drum turns but the clothes do not get dried at all. I've stopped it mid cycle to check how it's going and the clothes aren't even hot (this is on the intensive programme). Do you think it sounds as if the thermostat needs resetting? As it is an integrated machine will I be able to do this myself or do I need to call someone out? I can't see anything in the manual?

I used to have a cheap indesit washer dryer and it seemed to be able to cope with so much! I've had a few problems with the thermostat on the Siemens dryer already- I was only drying 4 towels when it stopped working- do you think that's an excessive load?

Thanks very much

C

Sponsored Links
Hi
There is a stat on the top of the machine that sometimes pops so you could replace that.
However...
As you say it was only doing four towels at one point I would suggest the ducting at the back of the machine is blocked with fluff hence restricting warm air flow into the drum. Gets wire coat hanger and have a good scrape around!
As for getting it out...there should only be a few screws holding it to the kitchen unit after that they just pull out like a normal washing machine.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back