Siemens washer dryer problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a siemens D12.52 washer dryer and the timer does not seem to be functioning correctly. When i set it for a wash cycle the timer gets down to a minute and then it carries on washing for another hour, sometimes longer! The time does not change on the panel from a minute. There is no error message on the screen, nor is there any message about there being too much washing powder etc. The drying cycle is also not working correctly. When I set the drying programme, it runs for approximately 6 minutes and then stops. The machine doesn't make any noise to signal the end of the cycle etc, it just stops and then eventually the door unlocks. I have emptied the pump. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Can you post the "E-number" on the door sticker? It might help narrow things down a little.

There are a couple of possibilities. Try this first:
With the machine empty & door closed turn the program selector to 6 o'clock position. Press & hold the spin rpm button down, then turn the program selector 1 position clockwise (to program 9). Release the spin rpm button. Is there an error code visible in the display? (could be anything from F06 to F63).
If no error code is shown press the start button then turn the program selector anti-clockwise to position 1 (don't go through OFF). This should start a "single component test". Turn the program selector slowly clockwise from position 1 stopping a couple of seconds at each position. Keep turning until you get an error code in the display. To exit the test program turn the machine off - on - then off again.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply; I just tried that and didn't get any error message.

It sounds like you could have a heater issue on either the washer or dryer. But it still should have thrown up an error code in the diagnostic program...which is strange. I can only suggest you start at one end by checking both heater elements, the dryer thermostats/NTC, & washer NTC. You will need a multimeter to do this.

old topic, but i had the same problem, so thought i'd add a comment in the hope it helps someone

my machine was washing for seemingly random lengths of time. the last minute lasting somewhat longer than a minute. heating element was replaced under warranty and that fixed it.

when we got someone to come out, we described the symptoms to him over the phone and he was fairly convinced it would be the element.

seems an odd symptom for a water heating problem, but there you go.

Hello everyone.
I have a Seimens D12.52. When i put it to dry it starts and locks like it should but then displays an error code F 17. Please could someone help me, I think its the end of the world, my machine not working. Many thanks
Clare.

Check the water supply isn't closed, the fill hose isn't kinked, & the removable filter in the hose isn't blocked.

zipper, your reply almost looks like a quote from the manual.

if what you said doesn't work, my next guess would be the solenoid controlling the flow of water for the condenser has gone open circuit meaning no water to cool the hot air from the dryer.

My Siemens D12.52 (WD12D520GB/01)also has an issue that it send to take forever to run any programme, it just keeps going at the last minute for hours. I tried the troubleshooting steps above and I get a F19 when I go from position 6 to 7 while pressing the rpm button, can anyone help please?

I just want to say that I had problems like this and Thank you for helping out with you comment. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back