siemens wireless stat fault

rjl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i recently(few days ago) had a siemens wireless programable stat rdj10rf fitted to a baxi 105 he boiler.
i asked on here how it was to be wired and my mate (a sparky) wired it as described.it seemed to work fine but seems to be not working ok now.
eg. the 1st switch on time is 6.30 am.....it came on at 6.50 am
2nd switch on is 4.30 pm....it came on at 5.00pm
it is as we speak not connecting to the reciever but the heating is on....
any help would be appreciated.
wiring as follows....
the live is to live on boiler
neutral to neutral on boiler
LX to 1st connection on boiler where loop was removed
L1 to 2nd connection on boiler where loop was reoved
L2 nothing connected

Sponsored Links
If it worked ok for a little as one hour, the wiring is correct.
Try rebonding the stat as per manual.

Changed a faulty one yesterday , 3 months old .
plumbcentre guy said they have had half a dozen back lately . Sounds like a faulty batch

Sponsored Links
What make of battery is in it?

They take a heavy current as they transmit.

Carbon zinc batts are useless for these. Generally only use Duracell batts.

Tony

At <30mW output?
According to Kirchoff, 30mW/ 1.5V = 20 mA.
As I presume this is a direct coil/capacitor generated wave with a little fet or something similar, the total input needed for this signal won't be a whole lot more.

At <30mW output?
According to Kirchoff, 30mW/ 1.5V = 20 mA.
As I presume this is a direct coil/capacitor generated wave with a little fet or something similar, the total input needed for this signal won't be a whole lot more.
kodak supralife batteries are in unit...as for your last message you have totally lost me

If it worked ok for a little as one hour, the wiring is correct.
Try rebonding the stat as per manual.
i have rebonded them.but this morning it came on ok then went off which wasnt programmed.
i have been told wireless are a waste of time and more trouble than there worth as they go wrong all the time...is this so.

Wireless controls of good quality are fine. Siemens are generally good, but never used this model myself, only the top models.
There is a rumour that they had a bad batch of a model, is so, bring it back to the supplier and swap ( maybe for the rev24rf whilst you are at it )

The ones that are notoriously bad are the older model Draytons, and the cheapo brands like Sunvic etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back