New Forum Help Signature length

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What does this actually mean?

screenshot_550.jpg

It clearly does not mean what it says, as I just tried to change the formatting of my signature, and I did not add any extra lines to it. Nor would the formatting change have forced it to need more lines to display.

Sponsored Links
The number of lines in a signature is limited to a preset level. I am guessing that if the font is increased then it takes that into account when guesstimating the resulting size of the signature. The limit of lines is currently set to 5 lines, I presume that at normal font size that means 5, but if you increase the font size by 5 then it would possible mean 1.

5 lines?
Heck thats at least 2 to many.

It's a signature - not meant for war & peace :)

The number of lines in a signature is limited to a preset level. I am guessing that if the font is increased then it takes that into account when guesstimating the resulting size of the signature. The limit of lines is currently set to 5 lines, I presume that at normal font size that means 5, but if you increase the font size by 5 then it would possible mean 1.
Dunno what it's doing. No making sense, basically.

Firstly, I wasn't trying to change the size, just the font.

Secondly, if I do try to increase the size, I get that error message.

Thirdly, if I try to reduce the size to 1, I still get that error message.

Fourthly, it doesn't seem to care about the size anyway - I created a temporary 5-line .sig, and it happily let me select size 7 for it.

Fifthly, it doesn't honour large sizes specified - anything >3 gets changed to 3, which is the default. It does that for just a one word signature, which even at size 7 would take up less screen space than 5 lines at size 3.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That sounds very odd, I'll have to look into it and try and work out whats going wrong.

Can't reproduce the problem now. I was reinstating my .sig, and I thought I'd build it up in stages to see if I could work out just what it was objecting to earlier, but no joy.

Back