Your signature

S

Sombrero

how did you come up with your moniker?

you must've been about 16? i was into a bit of calligraphy in my teens, so tried to be clever, but it was poor and 30 years later i'm stuck with it !!

is it easy to change your signature?

Sponsored Links
I've had several. Nowadays it's a line with a couple of bumps on it. Haven't got the time or desire to spell it out completely, suspect I had it trained out of me at uni. Nobody can look at my signature now and work out any part of my name.

i am fat and bet you cant guess my name :D :D :cool:
Slim? A bit like an old friend I used to know who was about five foot nothing and so everyone called him lofty. Everyone calls me Mr Ugly small dick for the same reason :D

My sig used to be quite legible until about 20 years ago, when it dawned on me it just has to be unique and difficult to fake ideally. Now it looks like I’ve used Wingdings...

Sponsored Links
My signature hasn't really changed in over 30 years. Not as important though as it used to be. We now live in a world of PINs and passwords. Checking signatures seems a bit last century and died a death along with cheque cards and credit card sales slips. Shame really, but that's progress. :rolleyes:

My signature pre-18 yrs of age (not that it meant a lot in those days) was just my name, written with a bit more flourish.
But then i started work, and had to fit my signature into some piddly little box on every bit of paper stuck in front of me.
So, my cursively-scripted full name became the squiggle it basically is now. A bit less bumpy now, mind - more of a vaguely-wavy line.

We now live in a world of PINs and passwords. Checking signatures seems a bit last century and died a death along with cheque cards and credit card sales slips. Shame really, but that's progress. :rolleyes:
Builder merchant Jewsons will not accept chip & pin, they told me it's not safe :rolleyes:

We now live in a world of PINs and passwords. Checking signatures seems a bit last century and died a death along with cheque cards and credit card sales slips. Shame really, but that's progress. :rolleyes:
Builder merchant Jewsons will not accept chip & pin, they told me it's not safe :rolleyes:

Yes, for some reason, they still rely on signature for debit card at my local Asda petrol station.

Only thing is, the cashier's obviously haven't been trained to check signatures yet. Deliberately did one that looked very different to the one on my card last week. Wasn't even questioned. :rolleyes:

And what's with the boll ocks getting cash back and they make you sign/initial the receipt which they then give you back as 'uckin proof they gave you the cash!!

Modern B.S...

i once got told that the cashier couldnt read my sig,i polity told them that if they could easily read it the it could be forged.

Apparently, the squiggles are easier to forge than a proper written name.. says he who's signature resembles a squashed spider that didn't quite make it over the page.. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back