help me sleep!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've messed up my sleep pattern since losing my job..

I've been going to bed later and later and getting up later and later..

I had to take my parents to the airport a week last friday at 04:30 so since I was stopping up to 03:00 anyway watching TV, I decided to not bother sleeping..
picked them up at 07:30 this friday and again decided not to sleep..

went to bed at about 09:45 after returning home and slept till 17:00..

of course I then couldn't get to sleep friday night and ended up again going to bed at about 08:30, again waking at about 16:40..
same thing last night, so I'm expecting to not sleep again tonight.. :(

what's the best way to re-set my sleep pattern?

sleeping pills tonight? or stay up all night and all day monday and go to bed about 20:00 monday night?

Sponsored Links
If you like Red Wine a Bottle or so is the ticket to get you off and back into the right pattern Col. If you don't like Red then you can fill up with Lager or whatever but it'll take a bit longer. You might not like the Hangover but the cure to the Sleep Pattern is quite pleasurable I think. :D

Rock-a-bye, baby
In the treetop
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
When the bough breaks
The cradle will fall
And down will come baby
Cradle and all

Baby is drowsing
Cosy and fair
Mother sits near
In her rocking chair
Forward and back
The cradle she swings
And though baby sleeps
He hears what she sings

From the high rooftops
Down to the sea
No one's as dear
As baby to me
Wee little fingers
Eyes wide and bright
Now sound asleep
Until morning light

Shhhhhh! :D

Sponsored Links
When your life changes significantly it is reflected in your sleep apparently.!

My sleep patterns changed when I gave up smoking and I know a lady who only gets 3 -4 hrs of sleep a night since her partner died.

Pills and alcohol are only short term fixes though! :(

They could be a very long term fix if you take too many together :eek:

When your life changes significantly it is reflected in your sleep apparently.!

My sleep patterns changed when I gave up smoking and I know a lady who only gets 3 -4 hrs of sleep a night since her partner died.

Pills and alcohol are only short term fixes though! :(
You are of course right mate. I didn't mean to suggest alcohol as a permanent 'fix' more of a very short term push in the right direction.

Col,
I lost my job last year and it hit hard. But no matter how much your mind might be fried keep your body fit and active and hopefully your normal pattern of life should return. Get plenty of bedroom activity as well - it does wonders for well being and sleep !

Col,
I lost my job last year and it hit hard. But no matter how much your mind might be fried keep your body fit and active and hopefully your normal pattern of life should return. Get plenty of bedroom activity as well - it does wonders for well being and sleep!

Any information given above is my professional opinion based on years of experience and training
Lucky Bugger! :D

Col,
I lost my job last year and it hit hard. But no matter how much your mind might be fried keep your body fit and active and hopefully your normal pattern of life should return. Get plenty of bedroom activity as well - it does wonders for well being and sleep!

Any information given above is my professional opinion based on years of experience and training
Lucky b*****r! :D

:LOL: ;)

Col,

Lucky b*****r! :D

:LOL: ;)
We'll be calling him Rip van Winkle instead of ricicle if this continues

you need to go to sleep for between 3 and 5 hrs then you will sleep at night

or if you find that difficult have 6 hrs sleep then go to sleep 3 hrs earlier then when your back to a reasonable time go for 1 hour less sleep than normal so you will sleep well

Search out ALL of Mr Tims posts,

that should soon do it. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: Joke mate, honest!! :LOL:

Search out ALL of Mr Tims posts,

that should soon do it. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: Joke mate, honest!! :LOL:
Note to oneself....conny off christmas card list,brush teeth, put on jammies, dont forget to put cat out this time and not the missus.

Let me tell you about my sock collection. I started this in 1977, when I went to secondary school. I now have 5672 pairs of socks and 389 single socks. Some are new some have been worn. Some are clean, others are not. Most are mine, some are bought, some found. None however, are stolen.

I have plain socks, patterned socks, towelling socks, wool socks, short socks, long socks and even a pair of disposable socks I was given on a flight from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi on 30 December 1981.

My favourite sock is the one I found in Leicester Square on 15 July 1991.

It's an adult sock, size 7 1/2 (I think) and is black. It's a poly-cotton towelling fabric with a purple zig-zag patternd across the top. I like it purely because I like the colour purple. Not the film, but the colour.

It makes me feel all happy inside. When I see purple things, I want to burst into song wherever I am, which is a little awkward in church. It was especially so last weekend when I went to my Aunt's funeral. The vicar had a purple sash and I couldn't help but burst into a rendition of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". But I digress. So there I was, on a rather dull day in London, with a single sock in my hand. I must say, it may have been drizzling, but in my heart, the sun was shining, it was a glorious day. Never before had I felt so euphoric when coming across a single foot garment. Now, if you're talking about pairs of socks, then that's a different story. My favourite pair of socks was one given to me by a girl I spent one night with in 1997. She wore them in bed and in the morning I begged her to give me her socks. To be honest, I think she was pleased to see the back of me. You see, the night before, I needed to caress them in order to "get there", but get there I did. The only awkward thing was, she was wearing them at the time. So there I was, with her feet around my ears, trying desperately to stroke her socks, while belting out "Rock Me Amadeus" (She had a purple picture on the wall above the bed) and all the while next door were banging on the wall (she lived in a bed-sit) shouting at me to shut up. So I was dead chuffed she decided to give them to me. It didn't even dampen my spirit when she slammed the door after me.

It takes up a lot of my time this sock collection. And I'm a bit worried about who will look after it when I'm dead, as my son seems less than enthralled when I mention it to him. I've taught him about fabric care, you know, keeping them dust and damp-free (they're in sealed transparent plastic bags(the sort with a seal along the top). I buy them from Tesco and they're meant for sandwiches, I think. Medium, they are and I think they cost 2.49, but I've forgotten how many you get in a pack.

Is he asleep yet? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back