How long do you sleep?

Sponsored Links
how can you not feel rested if you only have REM sleep?
that's the deepest sleep and is the state that your body is in total rest ( well appart from the eye muscles of course.. ever wondered why you're eyes aren't sore in the morning if they've been wiggling side to side all night? )

the doctor told me i have REM sleep, but not deep sleep. Deep sleep is where your body repairs itself and rests, and REM sleep where you dream... i have the most fantastic dreams.... just can't remember them!

I used to barely every sleep for a long time, always crashing out on the sofa when I didn't mean to. The missus got in a nice bit of bedding (bit pricey mind) and some goose down duvet type thing. Don't like to admit she was right too often but I sleep like a baby now!

Glad I got that off my chest :)

Sponsored Links
Im about 11-12 till 7 most nights, sometimes quite a bit less, typically with occational 14hour saturday nights to catch up.

If i let it run too long on 5-6hour nights I just wake up one morning feeling like death for no know reason other than recent lack of sleep, happened about three times over the last two years.

Im 25, fwiw, two years into full time work following graduation.

Daniel

Usually 7 hrs a night. Go to bed at 12:00am and get up at 7:00am. Even at weekends I still wake at 7:00am (must be my body clock doing that) ;) ;) ;)

I stayed with an Italian family in Bologna and got into siesta but when I got back home I was a bit out of sync I kept wanting a kip at tea time fore a while

how can you not feel rested if you only have REM sleep?
that's the deepest sleep and is the state that your body is in total rest...

I understood REM sleep was the lightest part of sleep, but I may have misunderstood.

When I was working, I'd go to bed late (because I was wide awake) and wake up early for work - so I'd have about 5 or 6 hours sleep.

Now I'm retired, I have...

...about 5 or 6 hours sleep!

Go to bed between 1.00am and 2.00am up at 6.00am but Saturdays and Sundays sleep intill 7.00am
No dozing in between. Take after my father.

i have fibromyalgia and as a consequence, i only get REM sleep... so can sleep forever, and dream for England, but never feel rested.... maybe that's why i'm so grumpy?..... Discuss!

A small dose of amitriptyline at bedtime would sort that for you!

Sometimes 12 hours sometimes not at all if i'm doing a nightshift aswell as the day.
But then i can sometimes get a couple of hours on nightshift to get me through the next day.

imamartian";p="1603124 said:
Deep sleep is where your body repairs itself and rests, and REM sleep where you dream... i have the most fantastic dreams.... just can't remember them!

I'm confused, how do you know that you have fantastic dreams if you can't remember them.?

On a worknight i got to bed about 12pm and wake up about 4.15am. When its the weekend i do the same and struggle to get back to sleep when i wake up at 4.15am Usually i manage it about 5/5.30 and wake up with my son about 7.

Sponsored Links
Back