Signs of the Rwanda threat working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They travel through England by road or track to get to the port onto NI.

Sponsored Links
What I don't understand, is how they get to NI. Do they just get off an inflatable in Kent, then wonder onto a ferry at Fishguard, Holyhead, or Stranraer?
I was wondering that. But the numbers are very low.

I've been asking this same thing since the story broke a few days ago. Could these be people who have already applied for asylum in the UK and have simply left their accommodation and travelled to Ireland, via the North?

I've been asking this same thing since the story broke a few days ago. Could these be people who have already applied for asylum in the UK and have simply left their accommodation and travelled to Ireland, via the North?

Possibly, they would be the ones at risk of more immediate deportation to Rwanda

Sponsored Links
Obviously, but how?

Do they hide on a truck, or what to get there? They will in Kent with little, if any money, so probably not people smugglers.
Once they are here then they are here.
If they can afford a people smuggler then they can afford a bus ticket.

People who are shall we say "eligible" for removal to Rwanda cannot have their asylum claim heard in the UK. If you recall, after (June?) last year - the vast majority of those arriving via illegal means cannot submit an eligible asylum claim.

The numbers are very low - a few thousand. they only get about 10k per year total.

I'm not sure they get ARC cards however, Perhaps this is allowing them to get across ?

Last edited:
The funniest bit I've just read, is that Ireland have tried to send back asylum seekers before, but their courts stopped them. Something to do with the UK not being a safe country :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back