silicon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

just had a new kitchen fitted and the fitter has only put a very small bead of silicon sealant around the worktop, i was wondering if i could go over this with more silicon sealant without having to remove the first bead ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Not really, best to remove the old sealant first, shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Hello,

just had a new kitchen fitted and the fitter has only put a very small bead of silicon sealant around the worktop, i was wondering if i could go over this with more silicon sealant without having to remove the first bead ?

thanks

WHY?

Sponsored Links
I had a tiler in to tile my bathroom, i was too busy with work at the time and just had to get it all done and finished, so i bit the bullet and got some one in, my god did i make a mistake, anyway i had to take loads of sealant off and re-do it and when i was buying the sealant in b&q i noticed a sealant removal tool, just a pointy piece of plastic for a couple of quid, so i thought get it it could be good, the best couple of quid i`ve spent in ages, sometimes i want to take sealant off just because i can, used loads of things over the years to try to remove old sealant and there has always been a bit left on, give it a go if your not happy with the job he`s done.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back