Sime 30BF boiler issue - No hot water unless central heating is also on

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Hi apologies if I am repeating other posts was wondering if I could please ask for some help for my boiler at my holiday home in Cyprus.

Our Sime 30BF boiler was not igniting and finally managed to get it up and running by replacing the PCB. This is the 2nd PCB I replaced in 1 year to get it going again. I am noticing two things which I was wondering if anyone is able to advise me on

a) it ignites in winter mode only. When I set it to Summer mode only and turn on the hot water taps - it does not ignite. I can only get hot water out of it if I switch on the CH

b) When it does ignite both CH and HW work however the ignition keeps firing, keeps making little clicking noises, I am particularly worried that this is what broke the 1st replacement PCB

Water pressure is all fine

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Hi many thanks for your reply I haven't rewired as such just replaced the PCB and the connectors only go in a certain way on the PCB so I am confident that these cannot be mixed up. Also did a continuity test of the wiring. The replacement of the PCB cured the ignition problem and got the CH working which is great so its just the Direct Hot Water thats not working when in the summer setting. Checked Flow Water micro-switch and its ok also replaced 100 degree safety thermostat just in case. Direct Hot Water only wprks if the CH is also activated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help all issue is now resolved... the hot water was not working because the Divertor Valve Microswitch was not mounted properly on the end of the divertor valve. Long journey but learned a lot about combi-boilers along the way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back