SIME - Central Heating/Hot water will not auto Start/ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My boiler (SIME Friendly format 100E, unsure of age, probably 3years old?) has recently developed a problem and I greatly appreciate some advice as to what it may be.

Central Heating (and hot water) at times will not automatically start / ignite the boiler, I need to manually start the boiler, the Heating/hot water may run fine for 1-2 days then it will not light and I need to manually ignite the boiler (To manually ignite –turn knob to off position then back to flame position it will then restart).

We have been in the house for 2 years, and thinking back this happened a couple of times previously, – Problem is getting more regular.

Please advise.

Sponsored Links
There can be a lot of different causes for that problem and a competent boiler engineer should be able to identify which is relevant to your model. Most should be investigated/repaired by a competent person who would normally be CORGI registered.

I assume that this is one of the boilers that has never been serviced?

Its quite possible that a proper service will cure the problem.

Of course if you wait until it never starts then it will be easier to diagnose the problem then!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back