sime 30he format help please ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have got the above boiler got it installed in feb this year and had nothing but bother with it the top light keeps flashing orange and sime keep coming out and saying its the fan so they have changed that twice already dont think it should be needing changed as much as that?? plus they say the filter is always blocked ive had them out 4 times in the last 2 months wot a nightmare it has been... can any1 give me any suggestions please???

Sponsored Links
You can try to claim unfit for purpose (sale of goods act) and get replaced or money back. If you decide to keep, make sure you get some sort of breakdown insurance. I have never seen a boiler from this manufacturer that scored anything better than abominable, I thought they had gone bust.

It sounds as if you system may be very dirty!

People with cheaper boilers usually dont have them power flushed systems and the boilers get clogged up within a few weeks/months.

We would charge £840 plus the cost of boiler to install ! What did you pay???

Tony

You can try to claim unfit for purpose (sale of goods act) and get replaced or money back. If you decide to keep, make sure you get some sort of breakdown insurance. I have never seen a boiler from this manufacturer that scored anything better than abominable, I thought they had gone bust.

This would have to be done through your installer who by the sounds of it has long gone even though the sale of goods bit lies with them (unless the OP bought it from a merchant). If filters are blocked it has nothing to do with the boiler. Did you get a manufacturers engineer or an agent who changes parts in order to get paid by the manufacturer? Rather than going bust some of the small manufacturers do OK, it's companies like Baxi and Ideal who are propped up by investment groups and only exist to pay off their interest bill until they find the next investor.

Sponsored Links
we should have paid nearly 4000 for the lot the company who installed it went bust 1 week after we got it now we have to sue the finance company for any losses thats why its such a nightmare... we have had sime out they keep doing the same things to it but it keeps breaking a couple of days after...

Ok, its like 4 years later, but I too had this orange light flashing problem.

I tracked the fault down to the flowswitch. Inside there is a tiny microswitch which can go faulty. It cost about £6.

Hope that helps......

like stated above your system was obviously not flushed correctly, your filter will keep blocking up until you have the system flushed and boiler descaled. Also this model has been nothing but trouble for us and i didnt think they was still being installed in february as they changed to the sime murelle nearly two years ago. Also the heat exchanger in this model is more prone to scaling up with certain types of inhibitor. All this info no real help to you as you will be paying out regardless of your decision.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back