Sime boiler format 80c trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All ready posted one thread on this and was told to register to the combustion chamber part of the site and its either a very slow process or im just not getting a response so ill try again...

My boiler stopped working last night, the LED for the flame has turned red, when i try to ignite the boiler the fan and pump kick in and you can hear the ignition sparking for a few seconds before it stops and the LED turns red again.
When i turn the dial on the boiler to heating it doesn't even attempt to ignite, found the manual online which says;
"Red led on, ignition blocked/safety and smokes stats
tripped: turn the rotary switch in the position ( ) to restore functioning"
and that's it.
Before people start mentioning only getting it done by someone who is gas safe, I am Gas safe registered, but with little experience especially in fault finding and have been out of the job a while now due to redundancy not long after qualifying.
So I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem before I start spending money on potentially non need parts, any advice it greatly welcome and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The advice will be given to you in the CC.

Repeatedly asking in the general forum is contrary to the spirit of the forum rules.

No one should be giving you that advice here.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back