Sime Friendly 80E boiler. No flame. No heating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Back in June 08 paid £170 to get the diverter valve diaphragm replaced as had corroded and pcb also as had no running hot water but radiators worked. Now as of last night have no gas flame and won't light even though boiler sounds like its running electrically. Ice cold water, no radiators, no heat! So stressed out and cold and wondering if I need a new boiler if its just going to break all the time? Is from about 2000 I think but no instructions! I know its an auto light boiler but has anyone experienced this and how much was it to fix? Will get a corgi gas guy out tomorrow. :(

Sponsored Links
these boilers are a load of crap, save your cash and get a new one.

Hi, What experience do you have of this boiler? Are you a repair person or owner of one in the past? Got same guys as before coming to repair on Thursday. They say it could be the pcb, fan, something switch etc and worse case is fan which they're quoting £105 + VAT + Fitting and £50 + VAT call out. Any thoughts on these charges anyone?

Also wondering if we've overheated some part in it as the cupboard its in, which has a slatted ceiling for ventilation, has had a bath mat covering it where the cat sleeps all summer and since we've been using it again in last few days excluding general hot water use over summer, its broken iwth gas flame not lighting. Could it be through lack of ventilation?

Also how much are new condensing energy efficient boilers these days. Everywhere I look says you have to have a quote done. I don't need loft heating and have a 2 bedroom house with boiler currently in bathroom upstairs and separate electric shower?

Please if you can offer advice, do so?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back