Sime Friendly e Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will fire when gas chamber is open, won't when closed but ignition will cycle and sometimes the pilot will fire but not the burner

Have tried the gas valve which didn't help. I originally thought the fan but it surely cant if its proving to the APS and thus the ignition is cycling?

I am a qual'd engineer before anyone starts

Thanks

Sponsored Links
POST in Combustion Chamber u wont get ay answers in here on this subject-have a look at top of page how to apply

I don't want to give any sensitive information away so if that is the case I will have to look elsewhere

Thanks anyway

Have you checked that the ignition lead or ionisation lead is not intermittently shorting to earth?

Sponsored Links
spraggo - would it do that when I touch the outside of the chamber putting the cover back on? As it only does it when I do this?

Thanks for the info bud :D

Possibly, try pulling the leads up into the chamber slightly, this sometimes eliminates the short. If this works then replace the leads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back