Sime Friendly Format 80e Problems... Please Help.. Newb!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Lived in my house for 2 years now and have no idea when previously mentioned boiler was fitted we have never serviced it.

Started off..

Setting the shower and the hot water suddendly died when you turned the cold water on. The DHW only then began working if CH was on. Removed cap from microswitch to find the rod was not connecting with the switch thus no how water. As a tempory measure until I can get the funds together I have glued a 5mm piece of plastic to the rod to then depress the switch. I now have DHW, now the DHW also seems to be getting into the Rads'. Does this suggest i'm going to need to change the full Diverter Valve or just the Diagphram?

Is it easy to change the Diagphram? Im debating to just change the full valve just incase I have change the diagphram and its not that, I can get one of these on the Net new for £60. Should i just change the Diagphram?

Any Help is appriciated.

Lee

Sponsored Links
Are they easy to change? Do you think it's worth removing PCBs at front of boile to gain better access? Is this ok to do obviously isolated from mains?
Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back