Sime Frindly format diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have just changed the diaphragm on the diverter valve on my friendly format due to no hot water, hot water is working excellent now however....
I have now found I have no hot water? I can only think I have put the plunger in that controls the diaphragm? its like a spindle/pin with a small o ring, a metal cylinder and like a small plunger, stupidly I didn't look how it came out!

Can anyone advise the combination of how it goes

This is my Valve: (6281504)

http://www.discountedspares.co.uk/images/cache/2f78cf5d1a713953bf682ae0a6192c33.jpg

Thanks in advance

Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

I have just changed the diaphragm on the diverter valve on my friendly format due to no hot water, hot water is working excellent now however....

I have now found I have no hot water
? I can only think I have put the plunger in that controls the diaphragm? its like a spindle/pin with a small o ring, a metal cylinder and like a small plunger, stupidly I didn't look how it came out!

Thanks in advance

Matt

I dont see how those two statements can sit together!

Either its not working or its working excellently ???

The spring goes at the switch end and the diaphragm goes so the spring sits in the appropriately shaped place.

Tony

Sorry Tony I maybe didn't make myself very clear.

I put the diverter valve back together but where you push it back into the plastic body there is a pin with a small cylinder that sits in the valve. Pressumably to push the pin inside the valve itself to activate the switch. Does that make any sense at all?

I may have to draw a picture lol

Sponsored Links
found your posts very confusing, but none the less, what happens when you turn the CH on? does the pump run? have you opened the valves on the heating? does the boiler fire up? have you checked that you haven't disconnected something whilst working on it?

Basically I took out the following parts

Diverter valve (replaced diaphragm)
http://www.discountedspares.co.uk/images/cache/2f78cf5d1a713953bf682ae0a6192c33.jpg

And also removed the heat exchanger and cleaned out

The hot water now works but the CH doesn't, the boiler fires momentarily seems to overheat extremely quick (doesnt get to the CH pipe) then cuts out (the pump continues to run)
I'm concerned that when replacing the diverter valve I have replaced the pin incorrectly or in the incorrect order and I cant find an exploded diagram to confirm this

here is an image of the pin i was talking about and thats how it went back in? is that correct? also thats the pipe shown below that gets very hot

Apologies for the terrible paint skills lol

Thanks for any help, very much appreciated

This is NOT your diverter valve, but this part of it might well be the same.
The greyed-out bits you won't have removed.
If you've lost the little metal circlip, dead centre, it won't do what you need!

42378871.gif

You should b able to work out the 3 pipes from the DV
1 comes from the main heat exchanger
1 goes to the tap water heat exchanger
1 goes out to the rads

that is extremely helpful, thankyou! it looks like I have put it back together slightly wrong, argh!!

are you sure you put the spring the correct side of the diaphragm? if you haven't I will not move the pin out! :D

Ok its working now!!! after a strip and clean and back together as above both DHW and CH are working!

Thanks for the diagram, that helped allot!

Cleanliness is next to warmliness
...and you can now do it in a quarter of the time it took first go? ;)

In the gas industry you dont need to be able to do it blindfolded.

just do it right first time and you are OK.

Otherwise you have to come on a forum where the blind lead the blind!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back