Sime 80e diverter problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
New to this forum, hope someone can help.
I have just changed the diverter valve on my Sime 80e friendly format boiler as our hot water was getting less and less and the rads coming on when hot water called for. Easy enough so far and as far as i can see could only be the diverter valve. However this has not sorted the problem.
How else can the hot water be diverted to the wrong place? Sure to be an easy explanation but I can't see it! Have searched through topics but everyone seems to be solved after changing the valve. Nice to be different!
Many thanks.
Paul

Sponsored Links
This is very rare for the problem to persist once the diverter has been changed - In fact - Never come accross it in the 6 years I have been in the industry.

However; my train of thought is possible the DHW Heat Exchanger as this is now the only common part to the heating and hot water circuits...

Evenstill; I would probably take a look at the water quality first; if sludgy it could be that the new valve has got gunked up very fast - But even that is pretty much impossible...

One last thing on this.... Did you change the water flow section as well? Possibly it's not completely moving the diverter into the correct position.

Sorry I cannot be of more help; might be worth getting someone in.

Sponsored Links
Did you use a cheap non genuine diverter? If so there's your problem.

Had a thought.....

Check the pressure differential tubes coming into the water section on the diverter valve for a partial restriction. I believe some of these also come with a filter - Ensure this has been cleaned.

GeckoGas-com said:
Had a thought.....
Check the pressure differential tubes coming into the water section on the diverter valve for a partial restriction. I believe some of these also come with a filter - Ensure this has been cleaned.

If there was any problem with that then the DHW microswitch would not have been activated.

I dont have any suggestion apart from dirt in the system causing the diverter to jam up shortly after fitting.

I am assuming its a Gianonni and not a MUT !!!

However if the plate is badly blocked then it can cause a flow through the rads. I would suggest this is properly cleaned to remove it from the suspect list ( or solve the problem ).

Tony

Agile said:
GeckoGas-com said:
Had a thought.....

If there was any problem with that then the DHW microswitch would not have been activated.

Agreed - Train of thought being that possibly it's shifting enough to hit the microswitch, but not quite enough to pull the diverter all the way over into position.

Fired up this morning and...............
Hot water! :D
Some is still getting past into the heating side but its alot better. I agree with the port not closing fully. I'll see how it goes over the next couple of days as I've got stacks of other work to be getting on with over the bank holiday! :LOL:
Thanks again for all help.
Paul

Agile said:
However if the plate is badly blocked then it can cause a flow through the rads. I would suggest this is properly cleaned to remove it from the suspect list ( or solve the problem ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back