Sime 102 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a 1998 Sime 102 Super De Lux. When I turn the hot water on, it also goes to the radiators. I guess it is
either the diverter valve, or something to do with it. I also know Sime is not liked by professionals, and parts are
hard to come by. Can anyone confirm a ball park figure to sort this out. It had a new diaphragm last year, which
failed to sort it. I am in west london. Also is my diagnosis correct?
EDIT
I should also have said, the diaphragm plunger is making the micro switch, and the pump is still running.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan
When I turn on the hot water, the diaphagm does raise the plunger, but as the pump stays on, I was wondering if the fault
was electrical or some thermostatic sender or the other. I don't mind paying, but need the correct solution, on what is after
all an old boiler. I have been quoted £55 per 1/2 hour, but as I manage various facilities, this seems way high to me.

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys, it is a bit cryptic. I am a maintenance manager in a factory, part of my brief is to bring various trades to site.
This boiler is in my own house, I am not allowed to use our contractors, due to conflict of interests.
I am mainly Engineering based. But do deal with all building trades. Further, I was on the tools for thirty years on a variety
of plant, so have reasonable understanding of any replies I might get. So two questions what should I pay per hour for a
tradesman, and what exactly is the solution to my problem.
Dan has offered a solution, (thanks) this is just for clarification

Price is heavily dependant on region and individual company/engineer.

I wouldn't assume any one rate is more expensive unless you have compared like for like with a couple of alternatives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back