Sime halstead Trio boiler with no pilot light and no HW CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm new to this but woke up this morning needing abit of advice! I moved into a new hose last year with the above named boiler workin fine. In the past it has been making some loud 'whistling' noises when the upstairs bath and CH had been on but this morning iv woke up to it not working, there is no pilot light although the boiler is making a noise when switched on nothing is occurring! The temp gauge and the pressure gauge are both staying at 0 aswell! Any advice before I part with some hard earned cash :(

Cheers people
Ben

Sponsored Links
The pressure guage being on zero is why your boiler wont ignite, there should be some way of filling your boiler, have a look under the boiler for something that looks like this (turn the boiler off as you do it)

open the tap until the it reads 1 on the pressure guageand then close it, you may have to bleed the rads and refill.

That actually worked a treat and all is up and running no! I think it's on it's way out but the more I can stretch out of it the better! Cheers mate!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back