Simple Accounts For Tuck Shop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having been self employed and kept my own accounts, I find I'm struggling to work out how to keep a simple Incomings/Outgoings Sheet for the Tuck Shop I run at the sports club.

I cater for two things: snacks and drinks which I sell to players and spectators, parents etc....

Also, I buy hot dogs, rolls, squash & ketchup to give to all the players (both home and away) after the match. This is contributed to by each match-player in our club to the tune of £5 each.

So I have a sheet with incomings on the left and outgoings on the right.

Date on the left (is the same for the right as incomings and outgoings both occur on the same day).

Then on the left I have columns for float balance (start), Takings, contributions for hot dogs, any monies banked and a float balance (end).

On the right, columns for outgoings, split into "end of match" food and "tuck shop" food, plus GT.

Does that make sense or am I missing something?

Please help a poor gentleman with fatigue-addled brains!

Sponsored Links
The benefit of building your own sheet is that you fully understand how it works. So you've done the difficult bit.
Now it might be so much easier to use an "off-the-shelf" product, as indicated by Alarm, because you understand the relationships in the background.
With a ready-made product they usually have more features/views, etc built into them. There may also be updates available occasionally.
It might be easier to pass the work on to others at convenient times.

Thanks guys!

I honestly hadn't thought of using the PC.

As it seemed such a simple task, I thought pen & paper would do, but I'll look into it.

Sponsored Links
[quote="securespark";p="2194238"

As it seemed such a simple task, I thought pen & paper would do, but I'll look into it.[/quote]

At some stage the "TAX MAN" and it is fair......will ask questions.
Get it right now and you may even

Nah!!

BTW, that MS accounting software is no longer available...

Like securespark. I think he's great. :mrgreen:

Secure, you just need a ledger book... (WHSmiths do them)...

Start with an opening balance, and then list all your ins and outs...

Ins will be monies received for a particular event. and outs will be payments to suppliers for stock.

Add notes to the entries in order to classify types of payment (e.g. food/bills/tax etc) and income (till receipts/donations etc).

From this you'll be able to reconcile cash in and out, plus work out your profit.

A spreadsheet is a good idea as it eliminates calculation errors, and enables you to sort by category, and you can print it all out etc... but there aren't many things as satisfying as writing in a ledger book!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back