Simple (?) CH Zone Control Solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is a stupid idea - I'm a new kid on the block. :D

Am upgrading CH pipework into 3 loops from Bosch Combi 28CDi RSF (sealed system) and would like to do so without changing the boiler setup. :confused:

Plan to use Valve V4043H (2 port) with its own mains supply and Thermostat 6360B (independently of the boiler) at the start of each loop.

The theory being that each loop would close down when above the stat setting, and the boiler - with its own stat set higher than the loop stats - would carry on feeding the other 2 loops. The changes in system pressure would be taken care of by the AutoBypass Valve DU145 fairly early in the system.

I appreciate that this is an unconventional solution as I'm not linking the valves back to the boiler, but does anyone see any technical or Building Regs reason against this idea :?:

Sponsored Links
so what your saying is when all the loops have reached their temps and shut down the boiler will still be firing up cause the stat for the boilers set higher ?

its against building regs because there is no boiler interlock, it would not be difficult to run a switch wire from the 2 ports to give complete control, that way you could run your 3 zones independently.

It's simple enough to interlock the boiler via the orange wires so each zone can shut the boiler off when there's no call for heating.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for this tip. Can anyone tell me how to wire the orange switched lives to the boiler? - that bit frightens me. Also, do I power the Valves from the boiler?. Does that mean 7 wires from the boiler to the valves - LNE from boiler to valve and 3 orange wires from valves to boiler. Have I forgotten anything? Any general ideas would be great as I'm very close to calling in an electrician for this, but I think I'm nearly there. :)

use a wiring centre box.
53794e306f41376136324734574e72504d4.jpg

Thanks for the pic - that will help. What I really meant was - Where in the boiler do you put the wires?

try to find a wiring diagram for s plan plus, the orange wires from the wiring centre connect to LR on your boiler, this switches your boiler on.

Thanks, I have the diagram from Honeywell site, but do not plan to use a controller - is that permissable - or do I have to go for the Full Monty :p

A clock would be a good idea for switching the heating on off, although you could use programmable room stats.

Thanks - I forgot to mention - there is already a clock and programmer incorporated in the boiler. Do I have to I have a separate programmer for each Zone, or do I just rely on the one in the boiler? It's all building up in complexity if I do that. :confused:

the programmer on your boiler will give you control over the zones, you could install programmable room stats , no more complex than what your going to do,just put the programmer on your boiler on constant and let the stats control the zones.

Thankyou - this is beginning to sound good especially as I've now found the relevant terminals inside the boiler :!: I'm not sure I understand "programmable room stats" Is this a different sort of stat to the Honeywell 6360 B ? Are you telling me that these programmable ones can each be connected to a different clock and therefore come on and off at different times? I've made good progress with the wiring since the start of this topic, but that would be beyond my wildest dreams.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back