simple switch questions please....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can help.

1) Shower switches have to be Double Pole right?

1a) So where would I use item CH16 which is SP shown in the link below.

http://www.tradesman.co.uk/electric...get=d31.html?gclid=CJSb8tCq64sCFT4GQgodFA2PWA

2) For swicthing on three lamps in a bed room off one switch I make a simple switched ring of three round pin socket outlets. Does the light switch have to have fuse in please? I assume not.

3) Fan switches in bathrooms. Anything special I need to knw about them? Why are the DP like the one linked below? Just because it is potentially a wet area?

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A431895&ts=67403&id=57789

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
1. CH16 is a double pole 45amp switch, use for cooker isolation switch or shower if located outside bathroom or correct zone within the bathroom.

2. The circuit should be fused at origin (CU) max 6amp.

3. The fan isolator will be 3 pole to isolate live (phase for timed fans) / switched live (phase) & neutral. Again has to be located in correct zone within bathroom, I tend to install them outside the bathroom above the door unless instructed otherwise.

1. I don't believe the regs insist on switching the neutral, but CH16 is DP.......

2. You need to take a live feed from lighting to a jb, take a switchwire to the switch position & a switched feed then loops round the sockets, yes.

If you do this from a 5/6A lighting circuit, no fusing down is necessary.

However, if you take a feed from a power circuit, then you need a switched fused spur to fuse down the lighting circuit.

3. This item is a TP switch. What has the number of poles to do with the environment?

Why are you asking strange questions, with no explanation?

Sponsored Links
CH16 is DP your right. Doh!

Thanks for the other answers. Strange questions, no explanations?? Yeah.. I was in a rush last night with no time to elaborate.

I was just buying in stuff for a refit and I wanted to ensure I had the rights bits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back