Single & earth lighting cable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst adding an additional lighting circuit in a old flat, I have come across a number of the lights which appear to be wired using a pair of single conductor and earth cables, rather than conventional twin and earth. The cable looks like 1.0mm and for each ceiling rose there is a live and earth cable and a neutral and earth cable (earths tied together). I have never seen this before. The cable looks in okay condition and is PVC sheathed.

Should I replace this or is this simply a little cumbersome, but okay? Was this something that was maybe done is the 70's?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
thew stuff can be quite usefull as it allows you to loop the lives at the switches and the neutrals at the lights

bit hard to get nowadays but there isn't anything wrong with the stuff (and i think perelli do still make it)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back