single ended radiators and TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All the central heating systems I've previously seen have radiators where there's a valve on each side.

My radiators are different. They have a single combined valve on one side and a blanking plug on the other. There's an internal length of pipe that goes from the valve and reaches about 18 inches into the radiator.

I'd like to fit TRVs but can't find anything suitable. Am I going need to replumb all the radiators to have more conventional pipework before I can fit TRVs?

Just in case it makes a difference the radiators are plumbed with 8mm OD copper.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could you elucidate?

I've just had a quick look at their website and couldn't see anything that would fit my existing pipework.

Also, is there a proper name for the type of valves I've got?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Where did you get that from Kev? As far as I'm aware twin entry valves haven't been made for years.

OP you will need to repipe rads with traditional valves fitted at each end.

Twin entry valves are still available but i have never come across a twin entry trv.

Have you made that up Kevin :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back