Single layer of breeze blocks and HHSRS hazard

Sponsored Links
Is it definitely a hazard? Which of the 29 sections do you think it fails on?

Yes it has only one single leaf of blockwork with internal rendering. The front of this outbuilding has also a brickwork leaf I think to give nice appearance.

I think that the single leaf of blockwork is made up of strong breeze block, I think that maybe when there are two leafs of blockwork it is made up of more lightweight breeze blocks

But the problem that I have is that I have not found in the HHSRS guidance that it stated that a property should be constructed of two leafs of blockwork so the question is is the fact that this outbuilding is constructed of only one leave of blockwork is a class 1 or 2 hazard according to the HHSRS guidance?

The HHSRS guidance is found in the following website

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../uploads/attachment_data/file/9425/150940.pdf

I am living in it for many years and I am very happy. This outbuilding is fully equipped with its own central heating

Sponsored Links
There are four classes of hazard and if it is a hazard the issue is whether it is a class 1 or 2 hazard?

A building won't fail just because a wall is a single skin - if it is in fact such.

However it may increase risk under the damp and mould or excess cold or even noise categories, and be scored accordingly - but that may not equate to a fail score.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back