Breeze blocks came away from kitchen window sill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

In the process of ripping out my old kitchen splashback tiles, I found out the house builders had botched the interior breeze block wall. Firstly it wasnt built upto the right height and then they stacked it with two layers of plasterboard sandwiched together with dot & dab to raise the height. In the process of removing the tiles, the two other layers of plasterboard came away and so did the breeze block layer that was made of half height blocks. I'm now in need of advice in terms of how I should bring it back up to the right level so I can plasterboard it to the have a granite splashback attached to it. The old sealant line is where I want the granite to level up with and I'm ok to do the plasterboard bits but not sure what material I should use to replace the layer that came off

Attachments

• 16803666385267018234749656441898.jpg
    16803666385267018234749656441898.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
On the sides use plasterboard and plasterboard adhesive.
On the sill side, remove the blocks that are loose and replace.
Breeze blocks are very easy to cut by hand to exact size.
Use a hand saw (£7).

I PVA blocks and use a bag of ready mixed sand and cement mix from DIY. Just add water.

Pva on blocks makes it easy as to lay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back