Single Oven to Double Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can give advice.

I have a single oven fitted, but am replacing with double oven. It's wired up to a single switch socket but goes through Control Unit (Single red switch). I'm told the curcuit is capable of running a double oven (I will check breaker when I go home, its a new house so expect it to be) but I understand from looking through other posts I cannot use socket. It is just a case of replacing the single socket with a 'Cooker outlet plate'?

Apologises if I'm being simple but hoped this was all there is to it ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
You will need an outlet plate.
As you have said you will check the breaker, you may need heavier gauge mains cable.

I hope that you checked the max load of the oven, this will tell if your cable is suitable or not. based on the cable size you will know whether the circuit breaker is ok.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for your quick responses. I will triple check cabling and cooker output before doing anything. You help is much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back