Single pipe and two pipe on same boiler

I would expect the opposite with a 15 mm single pipe circuit and particularly with standard TRVs fitted by a "plumber". Maybe he should stick to installing bathrooms?

OP, I expect you need to rebalance the parallel rads by closing the lockshields considerably.

But before you do that please do a test for me. Close all TRVs on the parallel circuit and feel if the single pipe rads are much better.

Also feel the single pipe flow and return temps and judge how different they are?

Thanks for thanking me. It makes all these replies more worth it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
But you should know what you're talking about first before earning Thanks Tony :mrgreen:

Take your last post for example, with standard TRV's it will never work satisfactory, so what's the point in playing with it.

I do agree a lockshield on the one pipe return near where it connects to the two pipe, to balance the loop would be a good plan.

First job is to get it working and that means getting rid of the TRV's, fitting lockshield or buying the right TRV's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back