Single trailing socket, with wall mounting hooks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our fridge is plugged into a trailing socket/extension lead, which plugs into an outlet above the worktop.

Ideally there wants to be a new outlet fitted under the counter, but its a rented house and as usual the landlords tighter than a ducks * so thats not going to happen.

What i want, is to be able to fix the socket to the wall out of the way, rather than it laying on the floor in amongst all the dust and crap that collects. Most larger trailing leads (3/4/6 way etc) have a couple of mounting lugs on the back, so you can stick a couple screws in the wall and hang it up off the floor, but all the singles i've come across dont have this.

Has anyone come across a single trailing socket with mounting lugs?

If not i guess putting a 2 or 3 way one up wouldnt be too much of a problem, but it would just be "neater" if it were a single!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Never come across a mountable single, there are doubles that are wall mountable.
As your a tenant, don't really want to suggest other methods that may get around it.

What i want, is to be able to fix the socket to the wall out of the way, rather than it laying on the floor in amongst all the dust and crap that collects.
How does that help?

Where will you plug it in? The same place as now, surely?

Why not just lengthen the flex on the fridge?

I guess similar could be achieved by lengthening the flex, but the fridge belongs to the landlord, so i dont really want to mess around with it. I will have a look later to see if the current flex is easily detached, or if i'd have to cut the plug off and use an inline connector block.

Swapping the trailing lead for a wall mountable one just seems to be the easiest way to go!

Gets the plug up off the floor and away from spills and the typical kitchen debris that collects on the floor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back