Sink over flow, help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, I've got a blockage problem with my bristan sink over flow, if anyone can help that would be great, picture bellow:
15528526448436178891670754051806.jpg
thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the sink waste slot was fitted to correct orientation of the overflow ,i.e if not you need to undo sink waste,and turn it so slot is inline with overflow.

I wonder if the sink waste slot was fitted to correct orientation of the overflow ,i.e if not you need to undo sink waste,and turn it so slot is inline with overflow.
Just had a look in
Is it that type?

Screw seems to be missing from centre so how is it fixed?
No, the screw is not missing, I just forgot to put it in before taking the photo

Sponsored Links
I've had a look in the plughole, but I can't see an opening for the overflow, yet the water still drains slow, although I have noticed that when pulling the plug the water inside the overflow goes down at the same rate as the water in the sink

I've had a look in the plughole, but I can't see an opening for the overflow, yet the water still drains slow, although I have noticed that when pulling the plug the water inside the overflow goes down at the same rate as the water in the sink
there should be a slot, for the overflow.. unless you put to much silicon in there, fitting it maybe.

there should be a slot, for the overflow.. unless you put to much silicon in there, fitting it maybe.
I've had a look, I can see two slots, one on each side of the pipe, but they are blocked by the ceramic of the sink, which is weird because the holes appear to be paralel with the pipe?

Sorry, I've just wasted everyone's time, the repair was so simple, the trap had been rotated meaning the slots were no longer in alignment and all that was needed was for it to be turned around to the correct orientation!

Sponsored Links
Back