Sink slow drain, washing machine backing up too

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you've all had a merry Christmas, I appreciate anyone taking the time to reply.

Newly renovated property, I'm a tenant looking to get a headstart on diagnosing the issue before approaching my landlord.

Water has never drained quickly since moving in over a week ago.
I cleaned the trap out and found sealant and paint debris, nothing to warrant the issues I am having. I haven't been able to look past the pipe connecting to the trap.

I suspect it's the lack of downhill slope on the exit pipe.

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 196
Sponsored Links
nothing to warrant the issues I am having

If it isn't the trap then it must be in the waste pipe to the stack or the soil stack itself. You'd need to look at where and how the waste connects to the stack to investigate further.

Do the other connected appliances (bath, basin etc.) run away ok?

If it isn't the trap then it must be in the waste pipe to the stack or the soil stack itself. You'd need to look at where and how the waste connects to the stack to investigate further.

Do the other connected appliances (bath, basin etc.) run away ok?

Everything else in the household runs away absolutely fine.

Sponsored Links
This is a problem for your landlord, you have cleaned the trap .
The fact it has been slow in draining since you took the property on implies an existing problem when you took tenancy.
It is important that you engage the landlord ASAP.
Not saying anything will only give credence to you being responsible for the blockage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back